|Campaign: Act 6, Mission 3|
|Emeric and the gang have held off Valder's forces, but now Mercia must face The Fell Lord.|
|No of Players:||1|
|Fog of War:||No|
|Valder playable in arcade|
Fell Gauntlet Codex entry
|❮ Felheim (mission)
||The Reckoning ❯|
| Article Stub
This article is a stub and is missing information. You can help Wargroove Wiki by expanding it!
The Fortress is the 3rd mission in Act 6 of the single player campaign.
- (Enter Mercia and Caesar.)
- <Mercia>: We've come so far, Caesar...
- <Mercia>: And now that we're almost there... All I can think about is home.
- <Mercia>: Things used to be so easy...
- <Mercia>: And now the world feels broken.
- <Mercia>: I wish Dad was here.
- <Mercia>: He always believed in me, even when I doubted myself.
- <Mercia>: ...
- <Mercia>: If things are broken, I can find a way to fix them.
- <Caesar>: Ruff!
- <Mercia>: I know we can do this, Caesar. I know we can!
- <Mercia>: Let's go!
- (Exit Mercia and Caesar.)
Dialogue box at start of Mercia's turn 1:
- This must be Valder's fortress.
- It's crawling with Felheim troops...
- But we can do it, Caesar. We can't let anything stop us now!
Dialogue box upon breaking main gate:
- Queen Mercia...
- Quite the infiltration. May I ask what you plan to do next...
- ...here in my fortress, outmanned and outmatched?
- Foolish girl! You have less than a score of soldiers by your side...
Dialogue box upon entering Fortress:
Cutscene upon entering Valder's throne room:
- (Enter Mercia and Caesar.)
- <Valder>: An invasion on my shores and a miscreant queen in my throne room.
- <Valder>: How contrary, first to flee and then to invade. You're quite the ruler...
- <Valder>: I'm sure your father would be proud.
- <Mercia>: Don't talk about my father! You have no right!
- <Valder>: Temper, temper...
- <Valder>: Your self-control is as lacking as your common sense.
- <Valder>: Clearly you need to be taught a lesson...
Dialogue box upon defeating Valder:
Cutscene immediately following dialogue box:
- <Valder>: You've come farther than I would have thought possible...
- <Valder>: Your tenacity, your skill... A reign forged in blood...
- <Valder>: I suppose that is what you sought when you began this war.
- <Valder>: And now all that's left is to kill me.
- <Mercia>: You're accusing me of--?! ... Listen, just hand the gauntlet over... I'm tired of all this bloodshed.
- (Enter Sigrid.)
- <Sigrid>: Tired, are you?
- <Sigrid>: Then let me lay you to rest.
- (Sigrid attacks Mercia.)
- <Sigrid>: Finally, the Key...
- <Sigrid>: To think that your father believed it would be safe in the hands of a mere child...
- <Sigrid>: And now another monarch of Cherrystone kneels stricken at my feet.
- <Sigrid>: But what to do with you? Perhaps I'll send you to meet your father.
- <Sigrid>: ...I did so enjoy killing him.
- (Sigrid attacks Mercia.)
- (Valder steps in to protect Mercia.)
- <Valder>: No.
- <Valder>: It was you.
- <Valder>: You started this war.
- <Valder>: You undermined me. You betrayed me. You jeopardised everything I've worked for!
- <Valder>: How dare you?
- <Sigrid>: ...
- <Sigrid>: How dare I...?
- <Sigrid>: HOW DARE I?!
- <Sigrid>: I am an ancient power! I am a force of arcane sorcery! I AM DARKNESS INCARNATE!
- <Sigrid>: Do you have any idea what it's like to be surrounded by asinine, conceited, callow idiots--
- <Sigrid>: FOR MORE THAN NINE HUNDRED YEARS?!
- <Sigrid>: You squabble and bloviate and think yourselves special and unique.
- <Sigrid>: But you're nothing more than infantile, narcissistic morons!
- <Sigrid>: But... why am I trying to explain this to you? It's beyond your powers of comprehension.
- <Sigrid>: You wish to spare the girl, Valder? So be it.
- <Sigrid>: An infant becomes a child, becomes a woman, becomes a corpse...
- <Sigrid>: Just as empires rise and fall.
- <Sigrid>: She doesn't need my help to find her grave.
- <Sigrid>: And I have more pressing matters to attend to.
- (Exit Sigrid.)
- <Valder>: ...'More pressing matters'?
- <Mercia>: So it's her! She's the one who wants Requiem!
- <Mercia>: Requiem is--
- <Valder>: I know what it is.
- <Valder>: But how could...?
- <Valder>: Your sword - what is its origin?
- <Mercia>: The Cherryblade? It's been passed down through my family for generations.
- <Valder>: Could it...? It must be...
- <Valder>: Your blade, I believe it is the Key to Requiem - the means by which it may be released.
- <Mercia>: !!
- <Mercia>:I have to stop her!
- <Valder>: If you will accept my aid, I offer it gladly.
- <Mercia>: I've spent so long fearing you... Hating you, even...
- <Mercia>: I thought... I thought you'd killed...
- <Valder>: ...And I believed you had started this war against my people.
- <Mercia>: ...We can work together. We can fix this.
- <Valder>: Indeed. We must stop Sigrid at all costs, or watch the world burn.
- <Mercia>: Let's get the others.
- (Exit Valder and Mercia.)
Cutscene following map complete screen:
- <Nuru>: Ugh... Where could she be?
- <Koji>: Do you... think she made it?
- <Nuru>: ...
- (Enter Caesar.)
- <Nuru>: Dog!
- <Koji>: And over there! Mercia! But who's that with her?
- (Enter Mercia and Valder.)
- <Emeric>: !!
- <Emeric>: Mercia, behind you!
- <Mercia>: No! Stop! It's okay!
- <Mercia>: It's not what you think!
- <Mercia>: Valder is not our enemy - it's Sigrid!
- <Emeric>: Mercia...!
- <Mercia>: Just listen!
- (Fade to black, and back.)
- <Mercia>: So it was Sigrid all along!
- <Valder>: ...and now she has the key to release Requiem.
- <Emeric>: We have to stop her.
- <Mercia>: Emeric. Dad told you that Requiem is in the Dragon's Cradle, didn't he?
- <Emeric>: That's right.
- <Koji>: That volcanic island out in the Circle Sea?
- <Nuru>: I could do with a change of scenery!
- <Mercia>: No time to lose. Come on!
- (Exit the gang.)
- (Fade to black.)
- (Sigrid opens the door to Requiem.)