|Campaign: Act 7, Mission 1|
|Valder has joined the allies, and it's time for Mercia to face Sigrid.|
|Destroy the enemy Stronghold or defeat Sigrid!|
|No of Players:||1|
|Fog of War:||No|
|Magic/Tech Codex entry|
|❮ The Fortress
||An Ancient Adversary ❯|
| Article Stub
This article is a stub and is missing information. You can help Wargroove Wiki by expanding it!
The Reckoning is the 1st mission in Act 7 of the single player campaign.
- (Enter Mercia, Emeric, Caesar, Valder, Nuru and Koji.)
- <Mercia>: My sword!
- (Mercia picks up her sword.)
- <Koji>: Sigrid just left it here?
- <Valder>: She had no further use for it once the door was opened.
- (Enter Sigrid.)
- <Sigrid>: I thought I heard you...
- <Sigrid>: You were fools to follow me here.
- <Sigrid>: I am but steps away from Requiem... and ultimate power over Aurania.
- <Sigrid>: You pathetic mortals are too weak to stop me.
- <Sigrid>: So go. Run. Hide. Huddle in the darkness...
- <Sigrid>: There's nothing else left for you to do.
- <Mercia>: 'Nothing else left...'?
- <Mercia>: You killed my father.
- <Mercia>: You chase us across the continent, leaving ruin and death in your wake.
- <Mercia>: And now you're steps away from a weapon that could threaten all of Aurania!
- <Mercia>: You've done too much damage already, Sigrid... It's time somebody stopped you for good!
- <Emeric>: Well said, Queen Mercia.
- <Koji>: She's right! You're nuts!
- <Valder>: Indeed.
- <Caesar>: Woof!
- <Nuru>: We're right behind you, Mercia!
- <Mercia>: I appreciate it, everyone... but I need to do this on my own.
- <Mercia>: For Dad...
- <Koji>: What?!
- <Nuru>: But--
- <Valder>: Mercia has proven herself in battle many times. Not least in the battle against myself...
- <Valder>: I do not doubt her abilities as a commander. She must avenge her father.
- <Emeric>: Mercia... Before we last parted I left some things unsaid.
- <Emeric>: And the weight of those unspoken words... Had you not come back...
- <Emeric>: You're like a daughter to me, Mercia.
- <Mercia>: Emeric, when Dad died... I would have been lost without you.
- <Sigrid>: I think I'm going to vomit.
- <Sigrid>: I can feel my gorge rising.
- <Sigrid>: I haven't thrown up in more than 900 years, but I really think this is going to do it.
- <Mercia>: ...
- <Sigrid>: If you're done, perhaps we can get on with things.
- <Sigrid>: Some of us have worlds to conquer.
Dialogue box at start of Mercia's turn 1:
- This is it, Sigrid.
- I won't let you get away with all the horrible things you've done.
- Hahaha... As if you have any choice in the matter.
- Enough Talking.
Dialogue box when near volcano:
- The volcano... It's so ominous.
- Ha! What's next? Will you be frightened of the trees? Or the big scary rocks? Humans.
Dialogue box at start of Mercia's turn 5:
- This is becoming tiresome. You're simply delaying the inevitable.
- Hold still a moment so I can come and swat you like the troublesome gnat you are.
- 'Gnat'? You're the only bloodsucker around here. And I'm not going down that easily.
Dialogue box when near enemy Stronghold:
Dialogue box upon defeating Sigrid/Stronghold:
Cutscene immediately following dialogue box:
- (Sigrid stabbed by Mercia.)
- <Sigrid>: H-How?
- (Sigrid dies.)
- <Mercia>: I... killed her.
- <Koji>: Mercia...
- <Mercia>: Ending this war... it didn't bring Dad back...
- <Emeric>: Mercival lives on in you.
- <Emeric>: You have become the queen he knew you could be. The queen your people need.
- <Mercia>: My people... I won't let anything harm them ever again.
- <Emeric>: I am so proud of you, Mercia.
- <Nuru>: Yeah! You saved Aurania!
- <Koji>: they're right! You're amazing!
- <Valder>: I hate to break up this sentimental moment... But the door is still open.
- <Nuru>: So? Let's just close it!
- <Koji>: And then throw the Cherryblade into the sea!
- <Koji>: No Key, no problem!
- <Valder>: It is not as simple as that. Some doors, once opened, cannot be closed...
- <Valder>: I have read of this weapon and its prison in ancient tomes.
- <Valder>: Sigrid may be gone, but Requiem has already awoken from its long slumber.
- <Valder>: It will find a new wielder to do its bidding. To bring ruin to us all.
- <Nuru>: Are you kidding?!
- <Koji>: We're too late?
- <Mercia>: No.
- <Mercia>: I can't let this happen.
- <Emeric>: We don't know what lies beyond this gate.
- <Valder>: But we can assume it is utter ruin.
- <Mercia>: I hae to try to beat it. For my people.
- (Exit Mercia.)
- <Emeric>: I will not let her face Requiem alone.
- <Nuru>: You read my mind!
- <Koji>: Let's go!
- <Caesar>: Ruff!
- (Exit the gang.)