|Campaign: Act 0, Mission 1|
|Under cover of night, High Vampire Sigrid makes a daring attack on Cherrystone Castle.|
|Assassinate the King of Cherrystone|
|No of Players:||1|
|Fog of War:||No|
|Emeric additional lore|
|The Breach ❯|
| Article Stub
This article is a stub and is missing information. You can help Wargroove Wiki by expanding it!
The Beginning is the introduction mission at the start of the single player campaign.
- <Narration>: One rainy night at Cherrystone Castle...
- <Swordsman 1>: This weather is giving me the spooks.
- <Swordsman 1>: Did you hear that?!
- <Swordsman 2>: Cut it out! It's just thunder.
- <Swordsman 2>: But I'm, er... going to patrol the throne room.
- (Exit Swordsman 2.)
- <Swordsman 1>: Hey, wait for me!
- (Exit Swordsman 1.)
- (Enter Sigrid.)
- <Sigrid>: Cowards. Jumping at shadows and dropping their guard.
Dialogue box immediately following opening cutscene:
- Getting to the king shouldn't be much of a challenge.
- There he is, all alone in his chambers. How convenient.
- The fewer guards I dispatch, the quicker this will be...
- ...but some unfortunate wretches still stand in my way.
- I'll start by defeating that one over there.
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 1:
Dialogue box at start of Sigrid's turn 2:
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 2:
Dialogue box at start of Sigrid's turn 3:
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 3:
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 4:
Dialogue box at start of Sigrid's turn 5:
- Hmm. This castle is vast...
- If I access the Overview Screen, I can get a glimpse of it's true extent...
- I just need to select an unoccupied tile and pick 'Overview'.
Dialogue box upon selecting Overview:
- This screen provides me with objectives and statistics.
- Hmph... So many humans. How unpleasant. Still, I can avoid most of them.
- As my objective says, I'm here for the King.
- I can close this now and return to my task.
Dialogue box upon closing Overview:
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 5:
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 6:
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 7:
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 8:
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 9:
Dialogue box at start of Mercival's turn 10 and onwards:
Dialogue box upon entering Mercival's chamber:
Cutscene immediately following dialogue box:
- <Mercival>: Sigrid...
- (Sigrid attacks Mercival.)
- <Sigrid>: ...Humans are so frail.
- <Mercival>: Do you understand what you've just done? You'll start a war!
- <Sigrid>: War? The inane squabble of children.
- <Sigrid>: Where is the Key?
- <Mercival>: You'll never have it. The Key is in safe hands, far from the grasp of a monster like you!
- <Sigrid>: 'Safe hands'...? Before you die, understand this: nothing is safe from me.
- <Mercival>: ...You're making a mistake.
- <Sigrid>: Hush now.
- (Sigrid kills Mercival.)
- (Sigrid laughs.)
- <Sigrid>: Still the Key eludes me... No matter.
- <Sigrid>: It's close, I can feel it.
- (Exit Sigrid.)
Cutscene following map complete screen:
- <Emeric>: Well done, Princess. Your skill with the Cherryblade improves yet further.
- <Mercia>: Thank you!
- (Enter Swordsman.)
- <Caesar>: Woof!
- <Caesar>: Woof!!
- <Mercia>: It's alright, Caesar, it's just one of the royal guard.
- <Swordsman>: Lord Emeric!
- <Emeric>: Is this important? You disturb the Princess's Lessons.
- <Swordsman>: The King, My Lord! The King has been killed!
- <Emeric>: What?!
- <Mercia>: No!! Father...
- <Emeric>: Mercia. I'm so sorry.
- <Emeric>: Who did this?
- <Swordsman>: Sir, the assailant appears to have been a v-v-vampire.
- <Emeric>: The Felheim Legion...
- <Emeric>: Princess Mercia, the murder of your father is an act of war. We must defend the kingdom.
- <Mercia>: War? We're at war...