Beyond the Border
|Beyond the Border|
|Campaign: Act 2, Mission 1|
|The party escapes to the Gloomwoods, only to face fresh dangers.|
|Neutralise the enemy Barracks or defeat Sedge!|
|No of Players:||1|
|Fog of War:||Yes|
|Floran codex entry|
|❮ Lord of the Dead
||Shadows in the Mist ❯|
Canine Justice ❯
| Article Stub
This article is a stub and is missing information. You can help Wargroove Wiki by expanding it!
Beyond the Border is the 1st mission in Act 2 of the single player campaign.
- <???>: Who are these interlopers?
- <Mercia>: We don't mean you any harm, Floran. We just need to cross your lands.
- <???>: Crossing through the Gloomwoods. A dangerousss choice...
- <???>: These are Florans lands. Thisss is where we live, thisss is where we hunt...
- <???>: Humans do not come here.
- <Emeric>: The Cherrystone Kingdom negociated the right to safe passage generations ago.
- <Emeric>: I know we don't use it very often, but we need it now. We have no choice.
- <Sedge>: Where the little lady ssseeks passage, Sedge seeks sssustenance.
- <Emeric>: Do you threaten the Queen of Cherrystone?!
- <Sedge>: Hahaha, 'Queen'... Sssilly titles do no impress Sedge.
- <Sedge>: Whatever you call yourssselves, you're still just meat and bone.
- <Sedge>: Sssedge will eat the old man first and the little lady for ssseconds.
- <Emeric>: Stand down stranger, or be cut down.
Dialogue box at start of Emeric's turn 1:
- This forest is so dense, and the fog so thick... But we must press on!
- We should use out Battle pups to scout ahead.
- Pups inflict Critical Hits when another pup is adjacent to their target.
- More importantly, they can see furthest through the fog. We should send one of them
- up this mountain.
- Being atop a moutain extends the sight range of a unit, so this is a good position
- from which to spot hidden enemies.
- Let's move forward - carefully.
Dialogue box at upon placing Battlepup on moutain:
- There... Hidden among the trees.
- Floran soldiers lying in wait...
- Now that we can see them, they've lost the element of surprise.
Dialogue box at start of Emeric's turn when Groove active:
- Emeric, your Groove is ready!
- Indeed. This old man still has a few tricks up his sleeve!
- What does it do?
- I am able to conjure up a gem known as a 'Cherrystone' - a powerful protective object.
- It's aura provides a dramatic defence bonus for our units!
Dialogue box at end of Emeric's turn after crossing river:
Dialogue box at next start of Emeric's turn:
- There's movement to the north and the south!
- It may be wise to put some Battlepups on the nearby mountains.
Dialogue box upon defeating Sedge/Stronghold:
Cutscene immediately following dialogue box:
- <Sedge>: Hssss!
- <Sedge>: Thiss isn't the end of the hunt...
- <Sedge>: Sedge will watch you, Sedge will ssstalk you, and when you least expect it...
- <Sedge>: Sedge will pounce.
- (Enter Greenfinger.)
- <???>: Sedge!
- <???>: There you are.
- <???>: Who are these strangers?
- <Mercia>: We're--
- <Sedge>: Invaders!
- <???>: !
- <Sedge>: Humans bent on the destruction of The Gloomwoods!
- <Sedge>: Ssedge caught them. Ssedge defeated them.
- <Sedge>: Greenfinger need not worry - ssson they will be dead!
- <Mercia>: Greenfinger? The Floran king!