Worst Enemies Forever
|Worst Enemies Forever|
|Campaign: Act 1, Mission 3|
|Unhappy with her defeat, Ragna decides to take matters into her own hands.|
|Destroy the enemy Stronghold or defeat Ragna!|
|No of Players:||1|
|Fog of War:||No|
|Ragna additional lore|
|❮ A Plague of Skeletons
||Lord of the Dead ❯|
| Article Stub
This article is a stub and is missing information. You can help Wargroove Wiki by expanding it!
Worst Enemies Forever is the 3rd mission in Act 1 of the single player campaign.
- <Ragna>: So you won... Who even cares?!
- (Enter Dreadsword.)
- <Ragna>: All you did was beat up a few lousy, stinking skeletons...
- (Exit Dreadsword.)
- <Mercia>: I care! And I won't stop until my kingdom is safe!
- <Caesar>: Grrrr!
- <Ragna>: Enough messin' around!
- <Ragna>: I'll crush you myself.
Dialogue box at start of Mercia's turn 1:
- Ragna has moved deep into this region. She's even got a Stronghold.
- A Stronghold is a really important structure that anchors a faction to a region.
- To win, we can either defeat the Stronghold or Ragna herself.
- I understand. I'm joining this fight personally!
- Look! Over there! One of our Knights has beaten us here.
- Knights are strong, fast-moving units.
- However, they're unable to capture structures. Only infantry and Commanders can do that.
- Knights sound great. Let's get started!
- Hold your horses - it seems this Knight is low on health.
- Is there something we can do to help?
- Indeed there is. This is where Reinforcement comes into play.
- Simply move a wounded unit next to one of your structures and select 'Reinforce'.
- Okay, let's do it!
- Sadly, structures are unable to regain health through Reinforcement.
- However, their health will gradually be restored over time - as will that of certain units.
- All structures regain 10% health every turn...
- And all commanders, such as yourself, regain 5%.
Dialogue box upon Reinforce Knight:
- Excellent! Our Knight's back to full health!
- Yes! Though it's important to note that reinforcing has its drawbacks.
- First, reinforcing a unit costs an amount of gold proportional to the unit's value.
- And second, the health restored to the unit is taken from the health of the structure.
- Got it - reinforcement costs gold, and transfers health from the structure.
- Okay, I should start by taking control of these Barracks and nearby Villages.
Dialogue box at start of Mercia's turn 2:
- As Commanders, you and Ragna are both powerful units on the battlefield.
- You can easily take down most infantry units and enemy structures single-handedly.
- Make the most of your strengths as a Commander, without risking your neck.
- Remember, the team that loses their Commander also loses the battle.
- Okay. I can do this!
Dialogue box at start of Mercia's turn 3:
- Ragna just recruited a Dreadspear - a Felheim Spearman.
- It would be prudent to check the Spearman's Info Screen.
Dialogue box upon opening Dreadspear Info Screen:
- Let me direct your attention to the table at the bottom.
- This table tells us which units the Spearman is especially effective against.
- Oh no... it says that they're effective against Cavalry!
- Yes, Spearmen will deal extra damage against units such as our Knight.
- Go ahead anc close this window when you're ready.
Dialogue box upon closing window:
- We should make sure not to put our Knight in any unnecessary danger.
- This would be a good time to check the enemy's movement range.
- How do I do that?
- Let me show you!
Dialogue box upon selecting Dreaspear:
- By holding this button, you can display how far the selected unit can move.
- Awareness of the enemy's range is important when positioning your units.
- I should keep the Knight out of reach of the Dreadspear.
- Good thinking, My Queen.
Dialogue box at start of Mercia's turn 4:
- Hmm... This part of Cherrystone is more forested than I remember.
- We may be able to use this to our advantage!
- Different terrain types have different advantages and disadvantages.
- You may have noticed that travelling through a forest will slow you down.
- Now that you mention it, I also noticed that units struggle with mountains!
- Additionally, some terrain will increase or decrease the defence of a unit.
- Forests will give you a boost in defence, while rivers will make you vulnerable.
- You can read more about each terrain type by cheking its Tile Info.
- I will! Thanks, Emeric.
Dialogue box upon defeating enemy Village:
Dialogue box upon defeating Dreadsword:
- Argh! Useless skeletons!!
- If you surrender, we can just end this now. We don't have to keep fighting.
Dialogue box upon defeating enemy Barracks:
- WHAT?! This is impossible!
- Great! Ragna can no longer recruit soldiers!
- Now's the time! Let's take her down!
Dialogue box upon defeating Ragna/Stronghold:
Cutscene immediately following dialogue box:
- <Ragna>: I... lost? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
- <Mercia>: 'Impossible'?
- <Ragna>: You must have cheated!
- <Ragna>: YOU CHEATED, DIDN'T YOU?!
- (Exit Dreadswords.)
- <Mercia>: No.
- <Mercia>: It seems pretty difficult to have a reasonable conversation with you...
- <Mercia>: So I'm going to go...
- <Ragna>: You'd better run!!
- (Enter Valder & company.)
- <Ragna>: Lord Valder!
- <Valder>: Quiet, Ragna. You disgrace yourself.
- <Valder>: Stand aside and let me fix your mess.