Wargroove is a modern take on the simple yet deep turn-based tactical gameplay popularised in the 2000s by handheld games such as Advance Wars. As big fans of those games we were disappointed to find that nothing in this genre was available on current generation platforms and set out to fill the gap ourselves. Wargroove aims to recreate the charm and accessibility of the titles that inspired it whilst bringing modern technology into the formula. This modern focus allows for higher resolution pixel art, robust online play and deep modding capability, ultimately creating the most complete experience for Advance Wars and TBS fans.
- Choose from one of 12+ groovy commanders from the 4 warring factions, unlocked as you progress through Story Mode
- Each commander has a lengthy campaign of their own, exploring their motivations and personality
- Local and online multiplayer skirmish modes with complete rule customization
- Local and online competitive and co-op play
- Easy to use in-game map and campaign editors
- Beautiful high resolution pixel art battle scenes and charming aesthetic
- Starbound's Floran race reappears as a playable faction!
- A number of new to the genre gameplay features TBA at a later date